Monday, June 9, 2008

That's Southern for Seder...

Andi's Seder TableYes, this post is almost two months late - this seder was on the first night of Passover, April 19th. But I wanted to show off Aunt Andi's seder table - definitely the nicest one I've ever seen.

The exquisite job of napkin-folding was courtesy of my wife, Sandy, who flew down to Birmingham, AL, a day early to help Andi with preparations. The rest of us (Mom, Leah, Ben and I) came down Friday afternoon.

It was a short trip, but worth every second, since we got to see Andi and my Cyber-Uncle Joe, first cousin Brian and his lovely wife Lisa.


Leah and Ben at SederTo mark this as an official seder, Mom supervised the baking of one of her famous mandeltorten; you can see Leah and Ben here as Ben takes a bite. It's amazing - covered with a thick layer of chocolate and raspberry jam between the two layers. The cake itself is made from almond meal, and therefore strictly Kosher for Passover.

No comments: