Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Old Riggs Bank Building

Old Riggs Bank BuildingI meant to blog about the Segway Safari I went on with Washington Photo Safaris back in early October - what a blast! But I didn't get around to it then, and no time to do it tonight, so for now I'll just post this photo of the grand old brick-and-sandstone former Riggs Bank Building at 15th Street and New York Avenue, about a block from the White House. I took this one about 15 minutes into the Segway Safari (dismounted... you don't want to be Segwaying and shooting at the same time.)

Meanwhile, let me unabashedly give a plug for WFS and it's chief b'wana, Ed Luria. If you live in Northern Virginia, DC, or Maryland, love photography, and haven't gone on one of these safaris, check out their website and give it a try.

No comments: