Sunday, March 15, 2009

Vintage Camera Day - With a Gift From Warren!

Shutterbug Excursionaires - Vintage Camera Day, Baltimore
Ansco Titan 20 Folder
Lightship Abstract
Devon & Ann-MarieLeroy with Foldex 20Here are some photos I took using my friend Warren's generous gift to me of a Nikon FM. It's the first time I've shot film since August 2003!

I took my "new" Nikon to today's Vintage Camera Day outing of my photo group, Shutterbug Excursions.

The Nikon handled beautifully, and as you can see, the results are quite sharp. We all took our film to a Ritz 1-Hour photo place a block away from the Inner Harbor, and they did a decent enough job on 4x6 prints. I also had them scan the negatives onto a CD for an additional $4.00 per roll. Unfortunately, the scans were dissappointing - an average of only 1MB per photo. There's no reason they shouldn't be at least 3000 x 2000 pixels using modern minilabs, so I won't use Ritz any more.

But overall, my first film experience in almost 6 years worked out well. And best of all, our gang had a really good time.

Thanks again to Warren for the great camera!

1 comment:

Warren T. said...

Thanks for the mention, Steve. I'm glad that you're enjoying the FM.

--Warren