Saturday, February 28, 2009

Martha, My Dear...

Martha My DearFor the last few weeks, I've been walking to work on Portland Street, a renovated residential street in West Baltimore just west of the Camden Yards stadium. One day, I saw this nice-looking sheepdog sitting on the back of a sofa in the window of one of the handsome brick rowhouses.

Of course, being a Beatles fan, I instantly dubbed her(?) Martha.

So I look for "Martha" every day, but usually don't see her. Luckily, on Thursday, I not only saw her, but also had my DSLR with me. Martha doesn't share my affection for her; she barks when she sees me. But she settelled down long enough for me to take this peaceful image.

By the way, Martha is a very bright dog - a graduate of Virginia Tech. Besides the Tech decal on the window, Martha also sports a Tech collar - if you look closely, you can just see a bit of Virginia Tech maroon around her neck.

No comments: